Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My bag

One of the things I do not like about being a diabetic is my bag. It gets heavy. Even with my new pump I still have to carry a purse full of stuff. I have to carry extra supplies for my pump, insulin pen and needles in case the pump fails, fruit leather and candy for times when I go low, alcohol swabs, and my meter. It is hard to keep track of all that stuff, so sometimes I forget things that I am supposed to have.

Another thing I forgot to add that is in my bag is trash and lots of it! When I loose something my mom dumps my stuff out and I have to clean it, and normally I find the thing I lost. My mom also makes me clean out my bag on a regular basis! I have all those strips for the meter for taking my blood glucose, wrappers, and other assorted stuff.

I have gone through around three to four bags. When I left the hospital they gave me a camouflage purse then the zipper came off so my grandma gave me a backpack. But that backpack took too many trips out to the field with me and got very dirty. Next I got a black and pink purse (also from Grandma) but it wore out with all the use and Velcro wore out so all the stuff kept falling out. Now I am using another bag grandma gave me, but mom still says the inside is a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment