Thursday, January 21, 2010

Before Diabetes

Before I was diagnosed with diabetes:

My mom was familiar with the symptoms so she knew almost immediately what I had. Here are some of the symptoms mom noticed: frequent urination,grouchiness,and always being tiered. We own 2 farms,one we live on and the other (which was 10 minuets away) we plant on. Every time we drove to the farm or anywhere else I would fall asleep. Sometime in February 2008 mom took me to the doctors to have my blood glucose and urine checked. My blood glucose was 522 (in other words high).

Signs and Symptoms of diabetes:

Extreme thirst
Frequent urination
Sudden vision changes
Sugar in urine
Fruity, sweet, or wine-like odor on breath
Increased appetite
Sudden weight loss
Drowsiness, lethargy
Heavy, labored breathing
Stupor, unconsciousness

No comments:

Post a Comment