Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New recipe

I apologize for not posting sooner, my life has been very busy. But anyway, today I was looking through my recipes, and remembered something I had not done before. A year or so ago, I made this for New Years day dinner with green beans, mashed potatoes and rolls. I used a whole chicken, but you can also use chicken breast, but it has to have skin.

Orange Rosemary Chicken:

chicken with skin
butter
rosemary
several oranges

 Preheat oven to 375. Slice two oranges, and juice the rest. Set these aside. Place the chicken in a large pan, soften butter, and mix rosemary into it. Spread herbed butter under the skin of the chicken. Pour orange juice over chicken, and place orange slices under the chicken skin. Cover with foil, and bake until completely done.
You can serve this with any sides you want, and it is also good cold and shredded up in a salad, with dried cranberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment