Friday, March 12, 2010

All by my self !


Hi, Every three days I have to change my inset. A inset is what my insulin comes through to go inside me. For the inset I have to have: a insulin cartridge, a needle, a new inset(a strange shaped object that has a clip with a needle and a long and THIN tube), a insulin tube(sort of looks like the normal liquid medicine bottle except smaller), my pump, and of course me!. This morning my mom let me do it by my self. I had to: take the old inset off and clean the old site. I took the old cartridge out, rewind the piston that pushes the insulin, fill a cartridge with insulin, place cartridge in pump, load cartridge, prime to make sure the tube worked, and place the inset in my site. It was my stomach this morning so it was pretty easy but still I did it my self!

No comments:

Post a Comment